(For background info, check out part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, and part 5) Nearing the home stretch, I cleaned up the metal parts of the exterior. I sanded and re-painted the marquee brackets and the coin door with Rust-Oleum Hammered Black spray. I also decided to clean up and repaint the visible metal bolts, […]
(For background info, check out part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4) I was definitely intimidated by the side art. It’s basically a giant sticker for each side – a giant, expensive sticker. I don’t exactly have the best track record with stickers. The only other side art I’ve applied was for a […]
(For background info, check out part 1, part 2, and part 3) After enough dilly-dallying, it was time for me to finally get this cab cleaned up. Although I had a good-looking set of side art, I was first interested in seeing if the original art could be salvaged from underneath the paint. In retrospect, this was pretty […]
I took a bunch of photos up-close of arcade monitors in an attempt to get an interesting background (as seen above). Here are some of the other shots I took that didn’t quite make the cut!
(For more info, check out part 1 and part 2) With the electronics mostly taken care of and warm weather and free time available in abundance, I set out to clean up the physical aspects of the machine, starting with the control panel. Here’s what I was working with: